New Driver Social Media Campaign
Photos of new drivers getting their driver’s licenses posted and reshared by students/parents.
- Created excitement around driving lessons.
- Providing discounts off insurance.
- Establishing generations of families as return customers.
- Increased referrals from sibling and friend discounts.
- Increased up-sell of winter driving course and driving merchandise.
Partnership with Ford
Created partnership with Ford offering discounts on new vehicles for new drivers.
Created employee contests to encourage participation in company promotions and to create a fun working environment.
Community – Giving Back
As an owner, it was important to me for our company to give back to the community, support important causes, instill value in our employees and show our patriotism.
- Promoted programs: new drivers, winter driving, point-reduction (tickets), DUI classes, industry refresher (north slope).
- Developed first company website and grew online presence.
- Implemented vehicle marketing.
- Created and maintained company social media sites.
- Rebranded company with new logo, website, apparel and promotional items… to keep image fresh and create new awareness.
- Designed company brochure and other print/digital publications.
- Started gift certificate program
- Wrote press releases and radio scripts for company anniversary and marketing campaigns.
- Trained staff on basic marketing techniques and proper social media and SEO skills.
- Partnered with DMV to promote our services through brochures and online listings.
- Responsible for maintaining online business listings and ads: Google, Yelp, Yellow Pages, Maps.
- Designed and purchased promotional merchandise for giveaways and employee recognition.
Promotions & Campaigns
- Promotions: Back to School, Winter Driving, Dividend and Holiday specials.
- Campaigns: New Driver social media (see below).
- Discounts: Early Bird, Sibling, Veteran and UAA discounts.
- Surveys: New student pre-driving lesson poll – driving knowledge, current trends.
- Surveys: Graduates & Parents: feedback about course for future use in email marketing.
- Radio ad: Ohana’s popular radio auction.
- Endorsed Programs: MADD, Click-it-or-Ticket, Don’t Drink and Drive, The No Zone.
- Mentored, trained and encouraged employees showing an interest in marketing.
- Driving Academy: extended driving training and advanced courses.
- New to the State – program for persons recently relocated or new to the state who have never driven in Alaska’s unique driving conditions.
- Merchandise Shop – Selling a range of driving products for both new and current drivers (emergency road side kits, flares, maps), driving enthusiasts gift items and Alaska destination items and travelers. (Milepost travel planner).
- Series of radio ads: parent of a new driver and the student driver.
- Network with school districts to perform on-site driving awareness for new teen drivers.
- Partner with local skid car driving business to offer skid car training as well.
- Partner with AAA and other insurance companies for endorsements and discounts for students.